Position at Zones
The Zones Client Inventory Specialist provides demand planning and inventory management for a client base that includes some of the most well-known brands in business. In close coordination with multiple internal teams (Supply Chain, Sales, Project Management), clients and vendors will help ensure that inventory is available to meet client requirements while also meeting Zones financial equities. This position reports to the Demand Planning Manager within Zones's Supply Chain organization.
Primary duties include:
- Attend and drive internal and external client inventory meetings to create better client experience while eliminating distressed inventory through hands-on sku-level management before the inventory ages
- Work to avoid distressed inventory through proactive review aged inventory reports with account teams and work sku-level resolution within each quarter
- Participate in Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) meetings providing pre-work to account teams for good forecasting and to drive follow-on actions that ensure timely sell-through
- Review demand plans with clients, validate forecast and update in Zones's demand planning system (Kinaxis)
- Record client collaborative forecasting inputs
- Handle allocations for inventory purchases, determining the best method to support
- Administer contractual inventory agreement terms
- Provide status to clients/client teams to improve client experience and connection to inventory events
The successful candidate will have:
- Understanding of business operations, especially inventory/purchasing/reporting
- Solid Analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be assertive and motivate stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Education or certification in Supply Chain Management or Operational Logistics
- Familiarity with the Enterprise IT procurement channel
- Experience at a large IT distributor, National Service Provider, or Value-Added Reseller
- Experience using enterprise Demand Planning, Supply Planning and/or Supply Chain Management (SCM) software such as Kinaxis or JDA
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond - with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners - Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more - to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification. Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we're committed to providing top-tier solutions, we're just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!