Ste. Michelle Wine Estates has an immediate opening for an Equipment Operator at our iconic Cold Creek Vineyard, located in Sunnyside, Washington. The selected candidate will operates tractors and other agricultural equipment as outlined on Company equipment list. This is position is represented by the UFW.
- Mix, load and apply chemicals. Install and remove pesticide signs as needed.
- Monitor all weather conditions and ensure that supervisory/managerial staff informed of same.
- Complete understanding of all MSDS, chemical label criteria, and state and federal laws surrounding use and application of product.
- Monitor all ground speeds, pressure settings, flow rates and spray patterns. Unplug nozzles and filters as needed.
- Operate all equipment noted on Equipment List.
- Perform daily servicing, minor maintenance, wash down and safety inspections of assigned equipment.
- May perform Grade II cultural operations when equipment operation is not required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Varying temperatures (cold/hot/ rain, etc.)
- Uneven terrain
- Occasional long term standing or walking on uneven ground during work shift.
- Bending, kneeling, and twisting throughout duration of shift.
- Repetitive wrist movement encompassing squeezing, rotating, and bending.
- Arm movement encompasses extension, raising, and bending.
- Occasional lifting, up-to 50 lbs. Required
- Must pass respirator fit test.
- Stepping in and out, on and off of tractors.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must hold valid private applicator's license
- Able to work weekends or nights.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 509-875-4228.