Valiant is currently seeking Yoruba Language Instructors to provide instruction in listening, reading, writing and speaking skills, as well as regional and culture subject using modern communicative methodology.
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Instructors shall integrate technology in the classroom and in homework assignments employing resources such as Smart Boards, BlackBoard, RapidRote, and SharePoint, the Internet, iPads, Tablet PCs, or other "state of the art" devices provided by the Government.
- Instructors shall develop learning materials, as required.
- Instructors shall employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials.
- Assist Government (GOVT) in the management of all aspects of the unit foreign Language, regional Expertise, and Culture (LREC) training that enhances the effectiveness of the 1SFC(A)'s advanced LREC training program.
- Execute planned POI and ad hoc tutoring sessions. Teach language curriculum based on designated POI and do not deviate from POI without approval from GOVT.
- Develop daily lesson plans (at minimum 1 day in advance of delivery), takes attendance, make daily annotations of student's learning and behavior progress or lack of, develop weekly progress reports.
- Develops, review, correct, and grade daily homework, discuss and provide weekly feedback with Site Lead and POI analyst for weekly assessments/quizzes.
- Review distribute and grade weekly assessments/quizzes.
- Maintain a positive and professional learning environment, address student behavior/attendance concerns with site lead, and utilize designated materials mentioned in POI and other products approved by GOVT to support instruction.
- Collaborate with Site Lead, POI analyst, or Language Instructional Developer to address student and curriculum gaps.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide.
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.