Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you're the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project, you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
At Wounded Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer benefits such as:
A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work from home)
Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND family members
Competitive pay and performance incentives
A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environment
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Business Systems Analyst supports and maintains Information Technology (IT) solutions for WWP. The Business Systems Analyst gathers business requirements, creates and completes user acceptance testing, serves as liaison among IT and WWP business partners, providing technical and business solutions to meet user needs. The Business Systems Analyst translates business and functional requirements into technical specifications and works with team members to test and implement changes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, analyze, and critically evaluate user requests and business systems to evaluate the business need for changes and define associated deliverables.
- Review business functions, identify information needs and functional requirements, evaluate output requirements and formats.
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel business strategies.
- Translate business requirements into detailed user cases and user stories.
- Translate user stories into technical design requirements
- Support the business in creating and developing business cases.
- Research, identify, and recommend creative solutions to solve business systems challenges.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with team and business partners.
- Participate in testing activities and writing test cases for QA based upon project requirements.
- Recommend controls and proactively assess processes to reduce risk and identify potential future issues.
- Define technical project requirements and adhere to project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability documenting process flow charts and mapping business ideas to technical solutions.
- Working knowledge of various sequential design processes and modeling methodologies, e.g., Waterfall, Agile.
- Strong project management skills. Skillful in implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, e.g. Visio, Project, Excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to organize requirements by features and user stories and create a backlog for use throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze information and identify and define problems.
- Strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and resolve problems. Ability to influence others to gain consensus on the most effective solution.
- Knowledge of technical best practices. Strong research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful outcome, providing excellent customer service to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and recommend mitigations for security concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and good judgment when working with sensitive issues.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage multiple deadlines.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of experience as business systems analyst in a technology environment utilizing software design processes and methodologies.
- Three years of experience with system analysis principles, methods, procedures, practices, and tools.
- Three years of project management experience.
- Five years of experience supporting web platforms and technologies; or five years of experience supporting Finance, Legal, or Human Resources applications and technologies; or five years of experience supporting Salesforce and Business Intelligence applications and technologies.
- Three years of experience with SQL queries and SQL Reporting Services.
- Three years of experience with testing, documenting test cases, and data mapping..
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Bachelor's degree in business systems, computing, metrics, or related field.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 25% travel
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers, phones, computers, filing cabinets
- Sitting for extended periods
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 20 pounds
We recognize the success of our mission depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates. To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement Leave.
For Colorado Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this position is between $58,400 - $87,600 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual performance incentive.
For New York Applicants:The estimated hiring range for this position is between $67,160 - $100,740 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual performance incentive.
Wounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means."