Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it's a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
With more than 3,200 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
The SeniorProject Manager is responsible for managing multiple concurrent mid to largeInformation Technology (IT) and firmwide projects throughout the projectlifecycle. This role utilizes their strong communication and interpersonalskills to consult with, and facilitate collaboration between various businessgroups, IT, and external vendors to clarify the scope, requirements, andsuccess criteria for these critical initiatives. The Senior Project Manager leverages athorough understanding and depth of experience with industry standard/bestpractice Project Management methodologies, processes and tools to manage andcontrol the successful development/implementation of solutions that meet orexceed their stakeholders' expectations. Moss Adams is undergoing an ambitious, business critical technologytransformation, which is evolving our methodologies for delivering technology. The Senior Project Manager plays a key role inhelping project/product teams shift toward Agile/Scrum processes and as such Agile/Scrumtraining or equivalent experience is preferred. They will establish and lead teams consisting of internal IT andbusiness personnel, external contractors, and vendor resources. They will alsobe responsible for setting clear goals and building and managing thoroughproject plans and timelines.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills - Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Applies Moss Adams PMO methodology, tools and templates to perform core project management duties throughout all phases of the project lifecycle from project charter to deployment and transition to operations
- Manages multi-disciplinary teams of IT and other business professionals from all levels of the organization
- In collaboration with the team and stakeholders, develops and maintains detailed project plans that guide the work of the project team
- Provides continuous assessment of progress, identifying potential issues and risks; initiates appropriate resolution and mitigation activities
- Facilitate and lead innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across multiple IT platforms and/or business subject areas
- Effectively communicates project status, issues, and recommends strategy adjustments to project stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Sets clear expectations for project team members and holds themselves and individuals accountable. Solicits and provides honest feedback
- Provides clarity, direction, and keeps teams functioning including during times of ambiguity and/or changing priorities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of IT project management experience leading projects through all phases of the project life cycle in a complex organization required; including demonstrated involvement with building and leading high-performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture; experience in a professional services environment preferred
- PMP certification or equivalent training preferred
- Demonstrated successful project management skills such as scoping, planning, monitoring and controlling, issues management and budget management for both IT-focused and business-centered projects
- Demonstrated experience developing effective relationships with key business groups, earning the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders from all levels of the organization, and facilitating collaboration to drive consensus and decision making
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences including senior management and executives
- Demonstrated successful team management skills such as providing structure and guidance, team building, holding team members accountable, and conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion; demonstrated professional maturity, poise, tact, diplomacy and good judgment required
- Experience with a variety of project/process management tools and methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean Six Sigma)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio); familiarity with OneNote and SharePoint required; previous experience with a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system preferred
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 5%
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.