Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of individual contributors in developing sourcing strategies and in managing suppliers for best value, quality and service. Sets direction, manages performance and coaches team members. Collaborates cross-functionally to deliver goals and enable the team to manage complex projects. Demonstrates leadership for best in class management of multiple complex sourcing categories.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Successfully motivate and collaborate within their team and across their peer group, and director level and above
- Lead using demonstrated and proven experience and the application of best practice procurement skills.
- Lead their individual team within the boundaries of the department strategic plan. Sets and measures partner performance
Planning and Execution
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Sourcing Strategy:
- Lead team of 4-6; develop team to deliver best in class sourcing for the relevant spend area
- Assist director in establishing measurable and strategic goals to enable bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership
- Manage team; establish team and individual goals
- Develop team to consistently achieve those goals
- Collaborate internally and with suppliers to deliver goals
- Manage a team with spend up to $600mm depending upon complexity.
- Coach team, create opportunities for staff development, and collaborate on hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, performance management and recognition and rewards. Resolve partner relations issues and champion diversity.
- Develop and Leverage Industry and Supplier Knowledge:
- Employ advanced knowledge of key global industry players, competitors and dynamics.
- Develop and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players
- Proficiently manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance improvement
Manage Complex Cross-Functional Projects
- Effectively utilize program and project management tools and techniques.
- Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
- Efficiently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Provide oversight, guidance and drives execution of project plans.
Partner Development & Team Building
- Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
Summary of Experience
- Leading cross functional teams (5 years)
- Strategic sourcing experience (8 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Analytical: Advanced analytical skills
- Procurement: Advanced knowledge of global market analysis, macro-economic drivers, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management cost models, and multi-year negotiation strategies, supplier continuous improvement programs/Lean Initiatives
- Legal: Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices
- Ethics: Knowledge of business ethics and Starbucks Ethical Sourcing Requirements Influence: Ability to influence at an Executive Level both internally and externally. Ability to lead and influence peer groups both internally and externally
- Communication: Exceptional communication both written and oral
- Systems: Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, BI Apps, charting programs, PowerPoint, and others
- Annual Managed Expenses (600 Mil)
- Annual Sales (if applicable)
- Annual Company Financial Influence
- Partners Directly Managed (4-6)
- Partners Indirectly Managed
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com