What you’ll be doing...
Location(s): New York, NY
This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Verizon Marketing Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your product development knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Be assigned to a project that will focus on a human-centered approach to defining, designing, and articulating a clear product value proposition.
- Work will range from fuzzy front end design research, to design prototyping and concept validation and communication.
- Be mentored by experienced designers, researchers, and technologists.
- Present your concept to Verizon Design Leaders and Customer Experience Executives and take with you an innovative portfolio project to further your career during and after your school years.
What we’re looking for...
You are a highly capable design student with a strong interest in at least one of our core disciplines (Research and Insights, Product Strategy, Interaction Design, Visual UI Design, Content Strategy, and Design Technology). You have the desire and potential to grow beyond your core areas of expertise, are a great team player and are accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a concentration in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communication Design, or a directly related area with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2021.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- A portfolio of impressive work designing diverse range of digital products, including apps, websites, and other software across platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected devices).
- Expertise in core design skills including the product definition, intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guides, graphic UI design and product features specification.
- Confidence in individual expertise and perspective, but eagerness to learn from others.
- Strengths in related areas such as prototyping, front end development, user research, visual design, prototyping, service design, and/or content strategy.
- Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end-users, and passion for learning from others to shape process and culture.
- Expertise in core design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Flinto, and Figma with an interest in exploring new tools and processes.
- Experience developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.