Join the Charter family and grow with us.
When you work at Charter Manufacturing you're part of a four-generation family business. That means, you're not just an employee, you're one of our family members.
Support the Automation and Controls Engineering team by assisting with documentation, CAD drawings, coding and technical support.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program in Electrical/Controls Engineering or a related field with current status of at least a Sophomore level.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Ability to work part-time hours during the school year and full-time hours during school breaks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Training in PLC languages.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft SQL, Wonderware InTouch.
- Assist with design and evaluation of automation and control systems.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects.
- Document and improve processes.
- Assist in other projects and function as a resource for other team members.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Juggling multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Working independently with little direction.