CSIS seeks an intern to support the President's office and the Development office this Spring/Summer. This internship is a joint internship supporting CSIS' Development and President's office. The Development office strategically develops and strengthens financial support from corporations, foundations, governments, and individuals to advance CSIS's institutional goals and objectives. The President's office helps set the substantive and administrative vision for the Center while engaging in a large amount of outreach to donors and thought leaders. The internship supports both offices in all of these main functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Preparing acknowledgment letters to thank donors for their contributions to the Center
* Developing strategy documents for seeking out new funding from corporations and foundations
* Editing and writing letters to donors for the President's signature
* Answering the President's Office phone line
* Assisting staff with events logistics for high-level donor briefings and roundtables
* Updating contact database and developing a system for managing this for future interns
* Assisting with ad hoc projects for the President's office
* Developing templates and a guide for future interns to help them get oriented to this position
* Must be able to work full time (4 months consecutively) from March - June 2019
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
* Must be at least a college junior, graduate student, or a recent graduate
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Interest in fundraising, organizational management, and/or donor engagement
* Ability to work independently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the regular use of a computer, ability to move throughout the building, greet guests, and occasionally serve beverages and lift up to ten pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Affirmative Action/Equal
Interested applicants please submit your resume, cover letter and college transcript at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com/